The Razor Side Mount Course allows you to experience the freedom and flexibility of diving Side Mount at its best.
The Razor harness and wing combined were designed by expert divers and cave explorers Steve Bogaerts and HP Hartmann, cofounders of Go Side Mount.
Many years of experience and hours of side mount cave diving and exploration led to the Razor Side Mount System development. And along with it appeared the necessity of developing a course program to be taught by experienced instructors committed to high-quality standards: certified Razor instructors.
Above is a demonstration of the Razor harness performance at its early stages… Already extremely stable underwater. The BAT wing came later to make it even better. BAT stands for Buoyancy And Trim, and it delivers. Check out Steve Boegarts demonstrating some of the skills you will learn during your Razor Side Mount training (Video by HP Hartmann in the Cenotes of Mexico)
During the Razor Side Mount course, you will learn proper dive equipment configuration, including adjustment of the harness, cylinder configuration, regulator configuration, proper weighting, and weight distribution for the best trim.
You will learn or improve your dive skills :
– regulator switches with one hand,
– propulsion techniques,
– equipment failure handling (bungee, bolt snap, tank clamps, batwing, regulators, etc.),
– other general side mount skills adapted to the Razor system for its best use.
We highly recommend you train with a certified Razor instructor using years of experience shared with you through the Razor Side Mount course. But be aware… Once you go Side Mount, you never go back!!
- Certified Advanced Open Water Diver
- 25 logged dives beyond training dives
- Own your Razor side mount system: The course has to be in your own Razor Side Mount System complete as some of the skills are specific to the equipment
- Four days minimum
- 6 dives
Why Razor? and why a Razor Side Mount course?
When Steve Bogaerts and HP Hartmann come together to design a full set of gears from scratch and make it evolve to what it is today, you can expect something efficient and of high quality, and it is!
Many years of experience and many hours of Side Mount Cave diving have led to the Razor Side Mount System and further on to the Razor Side Mount Course program.
And today, we are proud to be part of the team of Razor Instructors (Géraldine Solignac, Razor Side Mount Instructor) and to be able to share that knowledge with you and share as well all the fun that goes with it.
What you will learn?
- Adjustment of the harness
- Cylinder configuration
- Regulator configuration
- Proper weighting and weight distribution for the best trim
- Regulator switches with two hands and one hand
- Different propulsion techniques
- Equipment failures (bungee, bolt snap, tank clamps, wing, regulator…)
- Out-of-Air procedures
Why is the Razor Side Mount Course a bit longer than other Side Mount courses?
Because this is how long it takes to get a new side mount diver to master the skills the way you will use them through your entire diver career, and your Razor harness and wing will take all those steps with you.
Technical diving is becoming really popular, and you are curious! Read more…