The decompression procedures course is an exciting step further into your dive career.
You can train in your properly configured recreational gear with just an extra stage for the deco gas. You will only need and extra regulator and stage rig and you can still join regular dive operation which is a great advantage.
If you already are an Intro to tech or Sidemount diver you can use this configuration with an extra deco tank.
You will get the best out of this training if you already are an Advanced Nitrox diver or if you combine Decompression Procedures and Advanced Nitrox.
These courses will be the foundation of all other technical courses.
Objectives of the Decompression Procedures Course
- Extend your bottom time
- Safely execute decompression dives
- Dive deeper
- Look deeper into the decompression theory
- Extend your diving techniques
- 3 days minimum
- Dives: 4 dives minimum (including 2 below 30 metres / 100 feet)
- Adv. Nitrox + Deco Procedures: 6 dives minimum
- Depth: 45 metres/150 feet.
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver, Advanced Diver, or equivalent
- 25 logged open water dives
- Primary cylinder(s), Independent or isolated back-mounted
- Decompression mix cylinder(s) (with submersible pressure gauge and Labeled)
- Depth gauge and bottom timer and / or dive computer
- Buoyancy compensator device(s) (BCD) adequate for equipment configuration
- Line cutting device
- Ascent reel with lift bag /surface marker buoy
- Oxygen (O2) analyzer; may be supplied by the instructor
- Exposure suit adequate for the open water environment
- Underwater slate
What will you learn?
- Choosing the Decompression gas
- The use of dive Tables and personal dive computers
- How to set Emergency and contingency plans (in order to face equipment failure, omitted decompression, etc.)
- Decompression diving procedures
- Choosing the equipment and configuration
- Pre-dive checks and drills
- Stress analysis and mitigation
- Following a decompression schedule
- Gas switching
- Team awareness and communication
- SMB/lift bag deployment
- Proper trim, buoyancy and finning techniques
- Emergency procedures (in case of equipment failures, catastrophic gas loss, omitted decompression, navigational errors, etc.)
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, and gas blending procedures
Nitrox Advanced Nitrox Extended Range Trimix
Contact Deep Dark Diving
Scuba Diving in Yucatan, Mexico – Personalized Guiding and Training
Group packages available
WhatsApp: +52 1 984 135 7062
Location: Playa del Carmen & Mérida, Mexico
Facebook: Deep Dark Diving
We are passionate instructors offering guided dives and training for Reef diving, Cavern diving, Cave diving, Deep diving
I spend a lot of time underwater and far into the jungle, out of phone signal and internet reach. In fact I am probably underwater somewhere in one of the amazing caves of Yucatan. I really do my best to give the best service possible and assure that we can offer the best dive experience. You probably come a long way for a very special holliday and we’ll garantee a very special experience. I personnaly answer all emails and deal with the organization… so please be patient, it’s worth it 🙂
Thank you, back to you as soon as possible