The Full Cave Diver Course is the third stage of overhead environment dive training.
Once you have completed Cavern Diver and Intro to Cave Diver, you are ready to engage in the final step of your cave diver course. During the Full Cave Diver training, you will learn advanced cave dive planning and obviously in water execution. In particular, you will learn complex navigation techniques and how to always maintain a continuous guideline to the open water. Therefore you start to safely navigate from the mainline to the side passages. You will also pass restrictions and penetrate much deeper into the cave systems as you start managing the rule of thirds.
The 4 days program (5 if the course is taken as a standalone) consists of 8 cave dives and many hours underwater in the caves. You start performing, jumps, gaps, traverses, and circuits. Most of the training now focuses on the time in the water which is the best way to learn and practice new techniques.
Duration of the full cave diver training
- Minimum 4 days
- 8 cave dives (minimum 240 minutes bottom time)
- Minimum 3 different sites
- Classroom and briefing 6 hours
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of Introductory Cave Diver, or equivalent
- No decompression dives, if the student is not Decompression Procedures certified or equivalent,
- Course can be conducted concurrently with decompression procedures.
What do I learn during the Full Cave Diver Course
- Advanced cave dive planning,
- Practical execution of different types of cave systems and scenarios
- Standard cave diving policies
- Gas management procedures
- Psychological considerations of cave diving
- Equipment considerations and configuration (tanks, Regulator, buoyancy compensator, reel…)
- Communication (light and hand signals, touch contact)
- Buoyancy control, proper trim, and propulsion techniques
- Use of a guideline
- Stress management
- Cave environment and Conservation
- Emergency procedures (Equipment failure, Silting conditions, gas sharing
- Accident analysis
- Cave diving etiquette
And finally, you will now be ready to enjoy some amazing guided cave dives in the Riviera Maya 🙂