Advanced Nitrox: a stepping stone to more excellent diving!
The use of oxygen and oxygen-enriched air mixture is critical to advanced applications in diving. This course will arm you with the knowledge and understanding of the risks and benefits associated with these gases.
You have been enjoying your recreational diving, and you are ready to go a step further. Then the TDI Advanced Nitrox course is an excellent introduction to the world of Technical Diving. During your education, you will complete deep dives to 130ft/40m in the safest manner possible with no stage decompression and using Nitrox up to 100% oxygen. You will tune-up your buoyancy control in a new configuration and, of course, work on stress management and problem-solving. And also very important in technical diving, you will start planning your dives.
This TDI Advanced Nitrox course combines perfectly with the Decompression Procedures course and will be the foundation of your technical diving career and, of course, give you a better understanding of technical diving.
It is just the beginning of the progression into more advanced applications in diving.
Objectives of the Advanced Nitrox course
- Extend your dive time safely!
- Ideal for scientific divers, photographers, or divers simply wishing to stay underwater longer
- Use a mixture containing up to 100% oxygen.
- Entry-level tech course
- No need for big configuration changes: only one extra tank
Two direct applications
- Hyperoxic mixes significantly increase bottom time at moderate depth
- Mixes of high Oxygen considerably accelerate decompression
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification: Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- 25 logged dives
Advanced Nitrox Course duration
- 3 days
- Number of Dives: 4 minimum (>100′ bottom time)
- Theory: 6 hours minimum
- Maximum depth of 40 meters/130 feet
- No decompression
- Nitrox mixes up to 100% Oxygen
What you will learn during the Advanced Nitrox Course
- Physics and physiology relating to diving with gas mixes containing more than 40% oxygen
- Gas planning, dive tables, dive computers, oxygen, and nitrogen limitations
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, gas blending procedures, and oxygen service ratings for using gases with more than 40% oxygen
Skills you will perform during the Advanced Nitrox course
- Polishing of buoyancy and swimming techniques
- Good awareness and team-oriented dive practices
- Free-flowing regulator, valves shut down, and regulator switch
- Safety stop in neutral buoyancyhare air with a buddy
- Position, trim, streamlining
- Stress analysis personal and other team members